Search This Blog

Friday, October 8, 2010

How to Plan Your Meals to Save Money

Online voucher codes in the U.K. save money online with promotional codes and vouchers.

"In this current economic climate, almost everyone I know is tightening their budgets. Some are cutting out their daily lattes or personal trainers, some are on a total spending hiatus, and others are simply trying to decrease their grocery bills. The question is, how can you save money on groceries—particularly if you, like my family, eat healthy, organic and local foods? Here’s how: meal planning. We are a family of four, and I spend $150/week on healthy, organic, unprocessed food.

There are loads of great resources on the Internet about how to save money on groceries. You can become a coupon queen (I don’t have the time for this), you can go store to store in search of sale items (I don’t have the patience for this), you can grow and preserve some of your own food (I’m working on this), or you can use a meal plan. With meal planning, you take inventory of what you already have on hand (in the pantry, fridge and freezer). Based on the items that you’d like to use and your schedule for the week ahead, you plan daily meals. Additionally, meal planning helps me save time by just going to the grocery store one time per week. No running to the store every afternoon for something for dinner that night and no resorting to takeout on the way home from work.

Every Sunday evening, I take a look at what I have on hand and what we have going on that week, and I develop a meal plan. For example, if we have a lot going on one day, I will stick to something relatively easy and quick for dinner that night. The next step is to consider your grocery budget for the month. Split the monthly total into weekly" More info.......

No comments:

Post a Comment